Today we will analyze the text and look over the video of Odysseus and his crew in the Cyclops’ cave. There are a few key points / concepts to analyze.
- Odysseus’ curiosity got him stuck in Polyphemus’ cave
- The Cyclops is monstrous and dangerous
- Homer constantly stresses that a ‘thoughtful solution’ is necessary
- Odysseus thinks quickly and lies to the Cyclops about his boat’s location
Due Today: Reading 4 pages “The Cyclops’ Cave”. Answer the following 4 questions please. Use complex sentences and proof from the video and or text.
- Cyclops goes to sleep and Odysseus DOES NOT kill him – why?
- The Cyclops is not afraid of Zeus or the other gods – why not?
- Why is Odysseus constantly touted as ‘smart’, and does this make him the exception to the rule?
- What purpose do Odysseus’ lies and deceptions serve while he speaks with the Cyclops?
My Udemy classes are here – extremely low price and you have them forever.
I also sell custom made mugs like this one here on Amazon. I’ll do personalized orders as well. They are all made in the United States – in Pennsylvania.
All of the mugs are here on Gearbubble. These are made in the USA, and if you don’t want to contribute to Amazon’s record profits during this time of CV19, the Gearbubble link is the one to use. Thank you!