Learning Target: How does Jack London use foreshadowing?
Answer (10 points): Which is more valuable / effective:
- Instinct (the Husky dog) – OR – The Man, who has reason but ‘lacks imagination’. Explain your opinion in a few sentences. It’s the dog’s instinct vs. the man’s reason. Which is better in this situation?
Make sure you’ve read the first four pages of the story, or listened to the first 10 minutes. The links are in yesterday’s assignment. Thank you.
Please copy these Notes in your English Class notebook:
- Author – Jack London
- Setting – Alaska, in winter. Snow / cold / dangerous
- Conflict – Man vs. Nature
- The main character is alone, except for a dog ‘companion’.
- The main character is alone, isolated.
- The author notes that the man ‘lacks imagination’.
My Udemy classes are here – extremely low price and you have them forever.
I also sell custom made mugs. I’ll do personalized orders as well. They are all made in the United States – in Pennsylvania.
All of the mugs are here on Gearbubble. These are made in the USA, and if you don’t want to contribute to Amazon’s record profits during this time of CV19, the Gearbubble link is the one to use. Thank you!